Please read the terms and conditions of this Policy carefully, before accessing or using this website. By accessing or using the LexStart website including its products and services, you agree to the terms of this Policy. If you are accepting this Policy on behalf of another person or company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have full authority to bind such person, company or legal entity to these terms.
How does LexStart gather your information?
- Personal Information: The Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 defines “Personal Information” as any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person. Therefore, for the purpose of this Policy, the term “Personal Information” shall include, without limitation, any and all information that you disclose to LexStart and which can be used to uniquely identify or contact you or reasonably can be linked to information that identifies you. For example your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone numbers, credit/debit card number or other payment information and also demographic and lifestyle information, such as age, personal interests and product preferences.
- Business Information: In the course of accessing or using the LexStart website, you may disclose certain information about your business. Business Information may include without limitation, the name and address of your business entity, the Corporate Identification Number, details of any shareholding, details of any mergers or acquisitions, details of any loans of investments made by the business entity and such other information which may or may not be publicly accessible.
- Non-Personal Information: Non-Personal Information means information that does not specifically identify an individual or business, but includes information from you, such as your browser type, the URL of the previous website you visited, your Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating system and your Internet Protocol (IP) address. LexStart may also collect Non-Personal Information that you voluntarily provide, such as information included in response to a questionnaire or a survey conducted by LexStart.
- Public Records: Public Records are records that are created and maintained by government agencies or law enforcement authorities, and are open for public inspection, although such access may be limited to certain permissible purposes. For example, LexStart may have access to documents uploaded by your business on the Ministry of Corporate Affairs website, including incorporation documents, compliance forms and annual return filings.
How does LexStart gather your information?
- Information provided for LexStart’s services: LexStart may collect information from you when you provide it to LexStart to access its website or when you register for one of its products or services. For example, if you send an email or submit information via a form on the LexStart website, LexStart may collect any Personal Information, business information or any other information you provide.
- Information collected through surveys/questionnaires conducted by LexStart: LexStart values your opinions and comments, and therefore may conduct online surveys or polls. Participation in these surveys and polls is always optional. Such information is aggregated and used to make improvements to the LexStart website and to develop useful content, features and promotions for its visitors.
How does LexStart use your information?
- Service-related purpose: LexStart uses your information to provide the products and services you purchase, respond to your questions and to carry out the transactions you have requested for. If you provide Personal or business Information in order to obtain access to a particular service, LexStart will use your information to provide you with access to such service and to monitor your use of such service. For example, if you register for a compliance check of your business entity, LexStart will use your business information to run such checks.
- Internal business purpose: LexStart may use your Non-Personal Information for internal business purposes, such as data analysis, research, developing new products, enhancing and improving existing products and services and in identifying usage trends. This information helps LexStart to constantly improve, personalize and customize the products and services it provides to you.
- Communicating with you: When you send an email message or otherwise contact LexStart through its website, LexStart may use the information provided by you to respond to your communication. LexStart may also archive such information and/or use it for future communications with you to inform you regarding updates, newsletters, offers, new services and promotions.
- Identity Verification: For services that require identity verification, LexStart may use your Personally Information for verifying your identity, and for authenticating that submissions made on the LexStart website were made by you. For example, if you upload certain sensitive business documents pertaining to your entity on the LexStart website, you might be required to verify your identity if you wish to edit/access them in future.
Does LexStart share your Information?
Except as described in this Policy, LexStart will not share your Personal or business Information with other entities or individuals outside of LexStart, unless it has received your express consent.
- Disclosure to Government authorities or as required by law: LexStart may share your Personal or business information with Government authorities in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. LexStart warrants that such information will be disclosed only in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Disclosure to third-party vendors/contractors: LexStart may engage third party vendors and/or contractors to perform certain support services for LexStart, including, without limitation, software maintenance services, advertising services, web hosting services, cloud telephony services, cloud based support services and such other related services which are required by LexStart to provide its services efficiently. These third parties may have limited access to your Personal and/or business Information. If they do, this limited access is provided so that they may perform these tasks for LexStart and they are not authorized by LexStart to otherwise use or disclose your Personal and/or business Information, except to the extent required by law. For example, ABC Limited, a cloud based support service provider may record the calls you make to LexStart. It may also store your phone number and demographic location.
- Disclosure to acquirers: LexStart may disclose and/or transfer your Personal and/or business Information to an acquirer, assignee or other successor entity in connection with a sale, merger, or reorganization of all or substantially all of the equity, business or assets of LexStart.
How does LexStart secure my information?
LexStart considers the confidentiality and security of your information to be of utmost importance. It therefore uses industry standards, and physical, technical and administrative security measures to keep your Personal and/or Business Information confidential and secure and LexStart will not share your Personal and/or business Information with third parties, except as otherwise provided in this Policy. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your Personal and/or Business Information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warranty its absolute security when your information is transmitted over the internet into the LexStart website. We use various security measures including, but not limited to:
- Passwords: Access to your online account on the LexStart website is password protected and this helps to secure your account information. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of that password. If you provide someone else with access to your password, they will have the ability to view information about your account and make changes through the LexStart website.
- Encryption Technology: LexStart uses the encryption technology, called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), which helps to protect payment information and other such sensitive information provided by you. Please note that emails, messaging and similar means of communication with LexStart are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
What are your choices?
You have a choice about how LexStart uses your Personal and/or business Information to communicate with you, send you marketing information, and provide you with customized and relevant content.
- Communication Preferences: During registration and when availing services, you can set your email preferences with respect to receiving certain communications from LexStart. In addition, all of LexStart’s newsletters and other general email marketing communications also include an "unsubscribe" opt-out link that you may use to ask that LexStart discontinues such emails to you. However, you will not be able to opt-out of receiving administrative messages, customer service responses or other transactional communications.
- Withdraw Consent: If you withdraw your consent for the use or disclosure of your Personal and/or Business Information for the purposes set out in this Policy, you may not have access to all of LexStart’s products and services and LexStart may not be able to provide services to you efficiently.
How will you know if this Policy changes?
LexStart may make changes to or add to this Policy at any time, so LexStart encourages you to review it periodically. LexStart may revise this Policy to reflect government initiatives, changes in the law or technology, or changes in LexStart’s practices regarding information collection and use. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the "Last Updated" date mentioned at the top of this page. Any changes to this Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on the LexStart website.
Any Questions or Complaints?
#916, Tulsiani Chambers,
Free Press Journal Marg,
Nariman Point, Mumbai - 400021